Monday, June 13, 2011

Venom is home!

Two days ago I brought home Venom, our new standard smooth Dachshund puppy.  He is the great great grandson of our 14 year old Dachshund, Ivy.  I showed his mother Neena, who needs just 5 single points to finish her championship.  His sire is Casey, a dog that I love and whose father I co bred with my friend Sharon Carr from Carrdox Dachshunds.

Venom came from a litter of 6 puppies which consisted of Venom, one other smooth boy, two smooth girls and two longhair girls.  I knew we would be getting a male, but I had to choose between the two.  I chose Venom because 1) his sweet personality and high sociability, 2) his field potential and 3) his structure. 

I will be sharing my training process of Venom and the steps I go through to try to help become a happy, confident, outgoing dog that is a killer in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment