Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Plugging along!

Venom has been home for 10 days and he is doing great!!  As I mentioned before he has an outside pen and an inside pen.  We put him out potty in his outside pen and he generally goes pretty quickly if he has to go.  He has used the potty pad in his pen inside a few times, but doesn't have accidents in the house.  He may have gone in the house one time early on, but that's it. 

He is doing well on his stacking training.  I can hand stack him and then give him a treat.  Sometimes he moves a foot, but I just gently replace it and then reward him.  He is also learning to sit, lie down and come here.

He sleeps through the night every night.  He plays with the other dogs great.  I really couldn't be happier with him.

Today, I gave him his first vaccine.  I wanted to give it in the morning in case he had a reaction of some kind and I had to take him to the vet, so I had to do it alone.  I put a pile of high value treats on the couch and gave it to him while he was eating.  He didn't even flinch!  So, things are going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment