Friday, June 17, 2011

First Outside Scentwork, Siblings and Grandma

I am late on writing this blog, so this actually happened a few days ago.  I laid a heavy rabbit scent line in my front yard on the grass.  I used 5 rocks about 3 feet apart and sprayed rabbit scent in straight lines from rock to rock.  I put Venom at the beginning of the line and let him follow it.  He did very well and actually followed the line.  He did get distracted a few times but came back quickly.  Soon, I will have to start this work on a long line as I will want to be able to keep him on the line.  When he got to the end, I pulled out a scented rabbit pelt and played with him with it.  He LOVES playing with the pelt (or "killing the bunny" as I call it) and this game at the end seems to really get him going.  He turned 8 weeks old today! 



Last night I had to teach two classes so I brought Venom to the kennel where I was teaching to spend a few hours with his brother and sisters.  It was very interesting in that he seemed a little bit overwhelmed at first.  I think it may be because he has been playing with my adult dogs who are very careful and gentle with him.  His brother and sisters were not so gentle!

Today, he spent some time this morning playing with his great great Grandma Ivy who is 14 years old and lives here too.  She is very good with puppies and played carefully and kindly with him.  He seemed to have a wonderful time!


Ribbon and Jenny love him and he seems to really enjoy playing with him.  It is really interesting and super cool to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment