Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The First Fourth

Venom survived his first Fourth of July!!  I was so impressed with him although I am not surprised he did well, he is proving to be a very stable individual.  Fireworks are illegal in our city but of course people do what they want and spent half the night setting off super loud bombs and other fireworks.  A couple of our dogs were stressed and worried, but not Venom.  He slept or played through all of it.  I am really happy about that and super proud of him. 

No matter what anyone says all individuals are a product of both their genetics and environment.  We are doing everything we can to expose Venom to lots of different things in a fun and positive way and I think that will help shape him into a stable, confident, outgoing individual.  The other thing we did to ensure a dog with the temperament we want is to choose a puppy from two dogs with stable temperaments. 

I met Neena when she was already an adult, about 3 years old.  As soon as I met her I could see that she has a very outgoing and sweet temperament.  I worked with her only a few times before showing her for the first time and walking away with a major!  She is a really great dog and super fun to show.  Casey is the same way.  Outgoing and friendly with people and other dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment