Monday, September 12, 2011

Teacher's Pet

Saturday was Venom's second Puppy Preschool class.  It is so much fun to have him and Rick in my class!  I mentioned before that this is a large class and so it's great to see Venom doing so well with all the other puppies.  Of course, several of the puppies are from his litter, but still. 

A few weeks ago we had an incident when going into the vet's office another owner dropped her huge Labrador's leash who then ran over and stood growling over Grasshopper, the Pekingese I was fostering.  When I picked Grasshopper up, he then ran to Venom.  Rick and I both got upset, the owner stood there, clueless as Rick tried to keep the dog from Venom.  Venom and Grasshopper seemed okay, but after the incident Venom began to bark at other dogs, particularly larger dogs, on leash.  So, we have started to work on that and he is doing great.  He was perfect in class and before he came into the training yard.  After class, I had one of my assistants do some walk bys with a few of the larger puppies while I treated Venom for looking at them calmly.  It is something I will  continue to work on with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment